Get to know your DSLR camera course
Have you been using your camera on Auto or trying various settings with mixed results? Do you take more bad shots than good, do you understand why they didn't turn out? This course will give you a solid foundation in photography.
This is a 1 day course in the Heart of the Beautiful Lake District in a quiet and secluded spot. Based in Bassenthwaite near Keswick surrounded by the wonderful Skiddaw mountain range.
Learn to get the most out of your DSLR and take some stunning pictures while you do.
• Get to know the features of the camera and how to get the best from them
• How to create blurred backgrounds in your portrait and close-up shots
• Working with long exposure and capturing water
• Take detailed landscape photos
• Find the fastest way to access your camera's features
• How shutter speed affects your photos and how to avoid camera shake
• How to add interest to your photos with tips on composition
• Put it all into practice by taking some close-up, portrait & landscape shots.
• Hands on photography shoot on location
• At the end of the day, we will look at the images and have a brief session using Photoshop to show how images can be processed in different ways.
Where: Classroom and out and about, taking a variety of photographs
Previous Experience: Suitable for complete beginners
Times: approx 9 am to 5 pm
Group Size: Small, friendly groups with a maximum of 4 students
Equipment you need: DSLR camera, tripod, walking shoes, wellies, waterproof and warm clothing
If you can't see a suitable date, more dates can be added, please contact me if you would like a different date.
Saturday 21st October 2017
Sunday 5th November 2017
Saturday 18th November 2017
Friday 1st December 2017
Saturday 16th December 2017
Price is £79.00 per person.
To make a booking please visit the bookings page and select the Get to Know Course section. Click the shopping cart icon to select your preferred date option. You can pay securely with PayPal.